March 2 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
SAFER SCHOOLS TOGETHER
Gangs are recruiting youth at a younger age in ways that our communities have never seen before. Parents will leave this FREE presentation with a greater understanding of what they can do to prevent their child from getting involved in gangs and other harmful activities.
- Identifying if an individual is on the pathway to engaging in gang-associated behaviour
- Warning signs to look for
- Understanding why youth are attracted to the gang lifestyle
- What to do if you think your child is involved in gang-related activity
- Gang exit strategies
- Digital Trends in your community
Key Speaker: Jordan Buna
Jordan Buna has presented both provincially and nationally on the topic of youth gangs. He works with Safer Schools Together, delivering training sessions with Gang Reduction through Informed Practice (GRIP). Jordan’s presentation focuses both on his journey into gangs as a young person as well as his successful exit as an adult.