As the situation with the worldwide covid 19 pandemic is constantly evolving, K-12 schools in BC follow the direction of the Ministry of Health and guidelines of the Ministry of Education. The most up to date details and updates will be posted by the District on the NLPS website: https://www.sd68.bc.ca/covid-19/January 10- Welcome Back presentation
School Closure Guidelines_NDSS
Secondary Schools throughout the province expect the following guidelines to be in place until further notice:
- Return to full time in-class learning this September.
- Masks mandatory for Grades 4-12 students in indoors areas in school and on school bus. K-3 students are strongly encouraged to wear masks. (no change from last school year)
- All district staff and school visitors to wear non-medical face masks in indoor areas. (no change from last year)
- Daily health checks continue. Click on the following link to complete an on-line health check https://www.k12dailycheck.gov.bc.ca/healthcheck?execution=e1s1
- Stay home when sick.
- Ongoing enhanced cleaning.
- MHO and districts can continue to make decisions for regional sites, if needed.
- Air quality projects have been supported by the province.
- PHO announced new health order mandating masks to be worn in all indoor settings across the Province starting Wednesday, August 25. Applies to office settings, malls and many other common areas. Includes all visitors to K-12 schools in BC.
- Rapid Response Teams will continue to operate throughout BC.